We’re happy to offer media classrooms in support of UVA’s teaching, learning, and research activities. To ensure a pleasant and productive environment for everyone, we ask that you please recognize and agree to our policies when booking and using rooms:
- Priority is given to those with teaching, learning, and research needs.
- Rooms are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may not rewire or unplug the audio or video equipment, or change the settings on the ceiling mounted digital projectors.
- First-time users, or those who haven’t used the room in more than a year, should contact our A/V technician, Ric Hodges (434-243-5597), prior to your session to learn how to use the equipment.
- Faculty and teaching graduate students who wish to book rooms for a full semester may do so only when the technology requirements of a class cannot be filled through the Registrar, and with the advance permission of the University Registrar and in coordinate with the Library. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- The G-Lab cannot be reserved for full semester classes. Occasional classes must be reserved in accordance with the University schedule for that day.
- If a faculty member reserves a room for a class session but is unable to be there personally, he or she must assign a ‘student designate’ who will responsibly operate the equipment, oversee the class, and receive equipment training by contacting Ric Hodges (434-243-5597).
- With the exception of the G-Lab, food and drink are welcome, but you must dispose of trash properly and leave the room in clean condition.
- Furniture must be returned to its original state after your session.
By booking a room, you agree to these policies and to being responsible for the room and its equipment.
If you need assistance at any time, please ask at the Information Desk on the 4th floor or call 924-3684.
We look forward to helping make your session a success.